Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nina.... Again


Although it has been 5 months since the passing of our dog Nina, I still morn her daily. Am I alone on this sort of thing? I just feel so sad sometimes when ever I am reminded of her absence. As the seasons start to change memories have flooded my mind.
For example: the first heavy snow fall when I was shoveling the snow, Nina would bark and try to chase every single shovel full I threw. I was just sitting there throwing the snow and missing the once annoying habit of my dog. I would look out my back window seeing the neighbor behind us shoveling hers, and also would miss Nina driving her NUTS by all the barking and jumping on the fence.
Now the snow is melting... and I found a tennis ball in the yard :( She loved (i mean loved) her tennis balls. As I threw it to my new loved friend ( my neighbors dog ) I felt this pull at my heart. I am thinking " really Jill??".
I am sure that when summer hits I am going to miss taking her to the ravine. Watching her beautiful self running and chasing after her tennis balls. Also taking her to the park and watching her play with any dog that would participate. She would actually get on the play gyms at the park with the kids and go down the slide. It was hilarious!
Sorry for the depressing post... I did say this would be my therapy for the next month!

6 comments:

Wrestling Kitties said...

I am still so sorry about this.

But you are not alone in your feelings. Our family dog passed away in 2005 and I still think about her, though it has moved from sadness to just making me smile thinking about her. Infact, for my dads birthday this month we were getting cake for everyone and there was a part where we wanted to get a frosty paw for Lady (our dog). It has been so long, but it was just this natural instinct to get something for her.

The pain will go away in time, though it may take some time. But I think eventually you will get to the point when you see a tennis ball and you will smile thinking about those times you DID have, even if it wasn't as long as you wanted.

HUG to you

Unknown said...

Louis and I still bring up Yoda and we have a picture of him on the wall still. Dogs are big parts of your family.

(How has it been 5 months already???)

yiayia said...

Hugs to you...my little girl at heart!

wikas.com said...

hey its really nice and informative information
nice working bady
nice pics over view wow :)

well its my blog below go check it out and give me your kind sugession

forex training | forex strategy

Cindy said...

Jill, loving God's creatures is who you are. It's a gift. I will never understand how some people can be cruel to an animal, I really can't. And it angers me to the point of no mercy when I see someone hurt any animal-but especially a DOG. Dogs are so loyal, faithful, intuitive, and unconditionally loving (and defenseless against their owner.)So I'm sorry you feel pain over your Nina, but that just shows how much you care, how you allow room in your heart for the rewarding friendship of a furry pal. Some people will never experience this, the joy and bond of a beloved pet. You are one of the lucky ones in my book. So as Dr. Seuss once said "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." One thing is for sure, Nina felt loved, and I believe God smiles on that.

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Oh, Jill. I'm so sorry.

(We still talk about Nattie.)

Dogs are our family members. Easy as that.