Friday, October 8, 2010

Our beloved Nina

Today I dropped Nina off to have a routine surgery that most dog owners have done. (spayed) Only mine never got to come back home. I can't even begin to tell you how much my heart wells up every time I think of her. That phone call was one of the worse ones I have ever received. She was not only a "dog" to me she was a part of our family. The details of the event our still to painful to even write down, so I will leave this short and sweet.
Nina, you will forever be missed and oh so loved. You are not replaceable and I look forward to the day I see you running in the clouds to greet me at the pearly gates! I love you sweet girl! Lilly will be lost without you. :(

Nina 2/07 ~ 10/10

8 comments:

yiayia said...

Jill Marie I wish I could take away the pain...wipe away the tears and turn back the hands of time...........Good bye sweet Nina!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I am crying reading this.

I am so sorry Jill!

Wrestling Kitties said...

I am SO very sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about this. To honor her I shall share my favorite Nina memory:

My mom and I were actually just laughing the other day about when she scared Scott when he barged into your house without knocking. That'll learn 'em. :)

Unknown said...

I just stumbled on this site reminiscing about the old toys and shows I used to watch as a kid and saw this post. I am so so sorry about your loss. I know I don't even know you, but as a German Shepherd owner of 2(brother and sister)my heart is crushed. Please accept my heartfelt sorrow at this. They are truly the best dogs, a huge part of the family. May God comfort you and your family at this time.

KalicoCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KalicoCat said...

That's so sad! How old was she? I love German Shepherds so much!

freckleface said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Dogs leave footprints on our hearts. They ARE family!