Wednesday, July 23, 2008

TRUST


So let me get serious for a moment.
Have any of you really thought about trust? Whether it is something earned or given??
What are your thoughts about how trust should be handled?
I feel that when people say they have trust issues, it's really not their issue at all. I feel that in order to not be able to trust someone that the person has given you a reason not to. So why is it our issue and not theirs?? For example.... If you have a best friend that stabs you in the back then why are we the ones that suffer with the lack of trust. Shouldn't this person be the one that is suffering?? If we all live our lives giving out our trust won't we be disappointed more often than not? Or is it worse to not trust anyone?
I know that my posting has been lacking, but please give me your views on this.

5 comments:

yiayia said...

TRUST.... A WORD AND OR ACTION THAT IS TAKEN FOR GRANTED UNTIL THAT TRUST IS BROKEN........TRUST TO ME WAS A FORSURE FEELING...A VERY COMFORTABLE FEELING....MY FAVORITE PLACE TO BE...MY COMFORT ZONE. WHEN YOUR COMFORT ZONE IS TAKEN AWAY BY SOMEONE YOU LOVE AND TRUST IT IS VERY HARD TO OPEN YOUR WORLD TO ANYONE NEW...OR MAYBE JUST CLOSE THE WHOLE IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND DON'T MAKE ANYROOM FOR ANY ONE OR THING NEW... CHARISH ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE AND LEARN FROM ALL THE MISTAKES IN YOUR LIFE...

Unknown said...

I've never ever ever just given trust. It is something that MUST be earned; definitely not a sure thing. I've been through too much, seen to much, to ever just give that away. And the second someone breaks my trust, it takes A LONG time to get it back... if they ever do.

This is something that I take very very seriously. I can count on one hand how many people I honestly trust.

Hurley said...

I always trust people, even if they have given me a reason not to. Life is so short. If you have a person in your life that has reapeatidly broken your trust, then maybe it is time to say "is this person worth my time?" and if they are, then you have to be prepared to be let down, but don't expect it, and if they are not worth your time, then move on. Making someone earn your trust is like making someone earn eye contact...now, wants they lose your trust, earning it back is something that I agree the person should be given a chance to do.

Lori said...

What Hurley said. When you go through life with your guard up, it's hard to let the good stuff through.

Monica Chadwell said...

Hi Jill -

I loved this post, and have been thinking about it for a while. It made me think of this scripture:

Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

It's not wrong to trust people, but it is good to keep in mind that only God will never break our confidence. We may just want to be discerning with regard to people that have hurt, or continue to hurt our feelings ... and definitely exercise forgiveness and grace.