Sunday, March 27, 2011

Splash Bay



To end our kids spring break we decided to go to Maumee's Splash Bay! We had a blast! There was stuff to do for all ages! We were all exhausted after about 5 hours though. So we went home for a relaxing evening that would include buttery popcorn, pillows, blankets and a good family movie! Only when my middle son got out of the shower her looked like a burn victim. He was crying and telling me "don't touch it" and "it really hurts Mom". I had no idea what to do, so off the the ER we went. 4 hours later they came up with chemical burns and dermatitis. We have to rub his PAINFUL sores with cortisone 4 times a day and give him benidryl.

So let's just say Splash Bay may not be in our future.

P.S. Evan has VERY sensitive skin, none of us had anything wrong. So don't let it defer you from having a day of family fun. It was a blast!

4 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Ah! Poor E. Tell me, what happened? Was it the chlorine that bothered his sensitive skin?

yiayia said...

What a fun looking adventure!!! Maybe the next time you go you should leave all the boys with YiaYia!!

Jill Marie said...

I have a call in to the manager there and hope to find out what they use in the water. We brought all our own food so it had to be in the water.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this?? Poor Evan! Did you ever find anything out?