Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

At this time of year most people reflect on the year past, and try to come up with ways to make the next year better. So I decided to share mine with you!
  • Spend more "quality" time with my mom. Although I may talk to my mom MULTIPLE times a day I don't really "do" anything with her by myself. So this year I hope to spend 1 day a month with her. Maybe a movie, dinner, antiquing....etc.

  • Try not to let things bother me so much. Let things slip of my shoulder and try to be more carefree.

  • Workout at least 2-3 times a week, 4 times would be ideal! Reason being is that a group of my girlfriends and I have a goal to run a half marathon this year. What a great accomplishment that would be!

  • QUIT SMOKING.....how can you run a marathon being a smoker?????.....

  • Be more faithful to my Lord and Savior. Although I have already commited my life to Jesus, it is so easy to get side tracked. I have found myself not wanting to get up for church. I need to make a commitment to be more dedicated and to also study the word and to live by it.

  • Get rid of this grudge I have with a co-worker. It is to a point where I can't even be in the same room with her. When she opens her mouth I want to SCREAM SHUT UP.... (boy it is really bad) So I need to be more kind and really see past all the things that drive me nuts about her. Jesus said to love thigh neighbor as yourself.

  • Try to be the stronger in all ways. Physically, mentally, emotionally and most important spiritually.

  • READ MORE... turn of the T.V and just induldge in a great book. I can go anywhere and escape by just picking up a book and opening the cover. New adventures are waiting and knowledge to soak up simply by reading!!!

  • Make my friendships I have closer and also try to make some new ones. A good girlfriend is hard to come by.

  • Work on my marriage. All marriages have their ups and downs, but I will strive to have more ups this year. I just want to bless my husband and in return I know that he will bless me also.
SO THAT IS IT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE SOME OF YOURS I WOULD LOVE TO READ SOME.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Wrestling Kitties said...

Oh, these sounds great!

I don't really make resolutions but my one and really only goal I have for myself this year is to become healthy. I want to loose weight, cook better, and just become a healthier person all-around. My goal is when I turn 30 in 15 months to be healthy and do the bike across the bay for MS.

I know this is also a goal for my husband to be more healthy so hopefully we can work at this together!

Good luck with yours, it seems you have a great support group around you to help you out if you need it!! Happy 2009

Lori said...

These are great resolutions. Good luck!