Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The power of prayer


I was reading people.com due to Two Pretzel's post and stumbled across this article.
Is it the latest salvo–or peace offering–in the on-going feud between Hills stars Spencer Pratt and Brody Jenner? One thing is certain, Pratt is relying on the power of prayer when it comes to his former pal.
“We pray for Brody,” Spencer said of he and girlfriend Heidi Montag at the LG launch of the “Scarlet” TV series in West Hollywood on Monday. “Honestly, Brody was such a good friend to me. He hooked Heidi and I up, and I think that everything will work out eventually.”
Pratt and Jenner have been taking shots at one another for so long, they’ve become the reality-TV equivalent of the Hatfields and the McCoys, which only makes Pratt’s latest revelation all the more surprising.
“I wish that Brody and I were still best friends,” Pratt insists, adding, “I pray every day that everything works out between us.”
So could a Spencer/Brody reconciliation be in the works? “Absolutely, 100 percent.” Pratt said. “It’s just going to take time. We’re both very stubborn, in the sense where, he thinks that he’s right, I think that I’m right.”
If forgiveness is in their foreseeable future, what about a Lauren/Heidi detente? “No!” laughed Montag. “I really pray for her!”
You know what gets me the most about this article is that Spencer is using prayer to try to show that he is the better person. When you are REALLY praying for people or for situations it comes from a good place, not a place of retaliation. I feel that he says this to upset others. I mean just look at what he said about Lauren. He LAUGHED, then said I REALLY pray for her. Come on. I truly dislike ignorant people.

4 comments:

Nadja said...

I had some bosses that use to use this statement to try to make you feel like a tool. "Oh, I pray for you." Said with a condescending smile. Makes me want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurley said...

Yes N, I agree. i sometimes say that to people whom I detest. It's a slam, not a religious thing at all, like "I pray your dumb a** finds a life."

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Agreed. That was ridiculous.

yiayia said...

hey!!! I LOVED THE GREEN BUT I LOVE THE NEW HEADER....